Schools within the University of Wisconsin System started accepting applications in early August. Students are encouraged to apply early at https://apply.wisconsin.edu/homepage
Please see the listing of admission requirement guidelines for all UW Schools.
The UW Guidebook for students may be viewed as a digital version here: https://uwhelp.wisconsin.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/UW-HELP-fall-Student-Main-2022_r6_FINAL-1.pdf
Checklist for applying:
- Social Security Number
- Listing of high school courses for senior year
- College courses taken/in progress-including credits, institution and course numbers
- ACT score submission decision
- Copy of high school transcript-may be unofficial
- Application fee of $25 for UWEC and UWL, and $60 for UW-Madison-students may self report the need for a fee waiver this year. All others are no cost to apply.
- Personal Statement/Essay (see prompt document below)
- CVTC-Apply online at https://www.cvtc.edu/
- See CVTC admission requirements document on this page
- Western Technical College (WTC)-Apply online at https://www.westerntc.edu/admissions
- The application fee is $30 (see Mrs. Schulte for fee waiver information)
- Apply early as some programs have limited capacity and waiting lists.
- For a listing and information regarding Wisconsin's Technical Colleges, please visit: https://www.wistechcolleges.org/
- See the "wistechcolleges" map below
Wisconsin's Private Schools and Colleges:
- Please visit https://www.wisconsinsprivatecolleges.org/student-resources for information about each school and resources for students thinking about college
- Refer to the admissions/information sheet below
What is an apprenticeship…Go above and beyond classroom instruction with real-world training from local technical colleges and employers. Under the supervision of a qualified tradesperson, you'll get paid experience in your trade while taking courses that count toward an associate's degree. With a degree in hand and on-the-job experience under your belt, you'll have the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your career. See the apprenticeship PDF below for more information.