Free Scholarship Websites and Search Engines:
2022-2023 School YearSenior Scholarship Information and Deadlines:
Applicants must be graduating high school students who intend to enroll in a postsecondary institution, which may be a public or nonpublic university, college, or vocational/technical college. Students who are residents of the State of Wisconsin, are in good standing, and who demonstrate probable success in postsecondary education are eligible to apply. This is a competitive scholarship. Eligibility is not limited by GPA, class rank, or any other school or program conferred status (ex. National Honor Society). Any student who meets the above eligibility criteria may apply.
Selection Criteria: Students will be evaluated on their leadership, citizenship, school and community involvement, and academic achievement. In addition, students will be evaluated on their ability to clearly articulate goals in each of four areas: future educational goals, personal life goals, community/society service goals, and career goals. Each student must submit three letters of recommendation.
To learn more and apply, please visit https://www.kohleducation.org/studentexcellence/public/student_application_form.php
An account must be created in order to apply.
December 1st-Hagan Scholarship Foundation:
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship designed to help high-achieving students from small towns and rural areas graduate college debt-free. Recipients must graduate from a public high school located in a county having fewer than 50,000 residents or graduate from a remote rural high school located in a county having more than 50,000 residents.
**Students must have achieved a 3.5 GPA in order to apply.
Please visit https://haganscholarships.org/application/ for more information and an application.
Lincoln HS had a Hagan Scholarship recipient in 2021!
December 19th-Engineers Foundation of Wisconsin:
Only for high school seniors entering a four-year EAC/ABET accredited engineering program leading to a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering with an intent to enter a professional engineering field upon graduation:
- GPA equal to, or greater than 3.2
- ACT Composite Score equal to, or greater than 26
- Neither Engineering Technology nor Computer Science majors are acceptable
Grow Ag Leaders exists to make youth aware of the various career opportunities within the industry of agriculture by providing scholarships that help further their education. The Bayer Fund, a philanthropic arm of Bayer, offers $1,500 scholarships to students pursuing a career in various sects of agriculture. For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://www.ffa.org/participate/grants-and-scholarships/scholarships/
In order to apply for this scholarship, students must meet the below criteria:
- Must be a high school senior (public, private or home-schooled) or enrolled in college full time (minimum of 12 credit hours).
- Must be planning to pursue a degree in a qualifying area of study.
- Must be planning to attend a vocational, 2-year or 4-year qualifying agriculture related study program after high school.
- Must meet a minimum 2.5 GPA requirement.
- Must obtain no less than two electronic endorsements from qualifying farmers.
February 20th, 2023-Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance (WiRSA):
The scholarship will be awarded annually to one graduating high school senior from each of the four membership regions of Wisconsin as specified in the organization's bylaws. An additional at-Large scholarship will be given to the next highest scoring applicant. Each recipient will receive a one time scholarship of $750 to be used by the student to help defray the costs of post-secondary education and related expenses. A written essay is required for the application that expands on the following information:
- The benefits of attending a rural school
- Your college and career goals
- The value of growing up in a rural community and what personal values you have gained from your experience
The scholarship will be awarded annually to one graduating high school senior from each of the four membership regions of Wisconsin as specified in the organization’s bylaws. An additional at-Large scholarship will be given to the next highest-scoring applicant. Each recipient will receive a one-time cash scholarship of $750 to be used by the student to help defray the costs of post-secondary education and related expenses.
A written essay is required for the application that expands on the following information:
The benefits of attending a rural school.
Why you are choosing the field of Teacher Education?
The value of growing up in a rural community and what personal values you have gained from your experience.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be continuing education at a four-year university or two-year technical college.
- Applicant or parent/guardian of applicant must be an account holder at SFB.
- Applicant must have a high school accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- $2,000 scholarship
- Student has a parent/guardian employed by Ashley Furniture (or student is employed)
- Student is enrolled at a technical college or university in Fall 2023
- Available to all fields of study
- Up to $5,000 scholarship
- Currently attends one of the specified high schools in Wisconsin
- Student is enrolled at a technical college or university in Fall 2023
- Must be a qualifying field of study
- Engineering: Automation Engineering Technology, Automation Systems Technology, Electrical, Electromechanical, Engineering Management, Engineering Physics, Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials Science, Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Design: Engineering, Industrial, Interior, Mechanical, Product & Visual
Both scholarships require submission of the following documents
- Completed application and questionnaire (specified questions are included on the application)
- Official high school transcript with GPA based on 4.0 scale (must have a school administrator signature)
- Resume that includes job experience (if applicable) and extra-curricular activities
Applications may be found at the link below:
Completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted via the online application by Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions regarding the Ashley Furniture scholarships, please contact us [email protected].
March 24, 2023-Jackson Electric Cooperative: Jackson Electric will award up to ten $1,000 scholarships to qualified students who demonstrate a desire to continue their post-secondary education at either a technical college or university. Students must be a child (or under legal guardianship) of an active member (primary residence) of Jackson Electric and reside in the same household. Students must complete and submit a scholarship application to the address below. To learn more and apply, visit https://www.jackelec.com/scholarships-0 Students must complete and submit a scholarship application to
Jackson Electric Cooperative
N6868 County Road F
Black River Falls, WI 54615
or email to [email protected]
March 31, 2023-ProVision Partners Cooperative: ProVision Partners Cooperative will again award a minimum of ten scholarships to graduating high school seniors in our trade territory pursuing two-or four-year degrees, as well as farm and industry short course programs. Short course programs, two-year technical or technical college scholarships will be $500 and four-year or university scholarships will be $1,000. Preference will be given to individuals pursuing agriculture related degrees and who are customers of PVP Cooperative. Please visit https://www.provisionpartners.coop/scholarships.php for an application and additional information. Applications may also be found below. The completed scholarship form must be returned to the below address by March 31, 2023, for consideration:
ProVision Partners Cooperative, Attn: Christina Johnson PO BOX 988, Marshfield, WI 54449
Completed Scholarships can be returned to Mrs. Schulte in the School Counseling Office, or to Black River Country Bank directly.
Black River Country Bank
Attn: Robert Becker, President
221 Main Street
Black River Falls, WI 54615
(Email: [email protected])
April 15th, 2023-Partners of Black River Memorial Hospital Scholarships:
ONE HEALTH CAREER SCHOLARSHIP: This 2023 scholarship is to be awarded to a qualified third year, or above, college student who has been accepted into a health-related program (OT, PT, Pharmacy, Nursing, etc.) at a non-technical college or university. AMOUNT: The amount will be $2,000.00, payable on or before August 15 to one selected recipient.
ONE TECHNICAL COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP: This 2023 scholarship is to be awarded to a qualified student who has been accepted into a Technical College and is pursuing a health career. AMOUNT: The amount will be $1,000.00, payable on or before August 15 to one selected recipient.
MARY LARKIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP: This 2023 scholarship is to be awarded to a qualified student who has been accepted in a health care program in a Technical College or a University and is pursuing a patient care health career. AMOUNT: The amount will be $1,000.00 payable on or before August 15.
BRMH VOLUNTEEN SCHOLARSHIP: This 2023 scholarship is to be awarded to a qualified graduating high school student who has been accepted into a two- or four-year college, university or technical school, and has served as a Black River Memorial Hospital Volunteen. AMOUNT: The amount will be $1,000.00, payable on or before August 15 to a selected recipient.
• Resident of Jackson County or Graduated from a high school in Jackson County OR
• Currently employed at a health care facility/agency in Jackson County for a minimum of one year OR
• Has served as a BRMH Volunteen (for the Volunteen Scholarship).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Application forms are available on the Black River Memorial Hospital website at www.brmh.net/about-us/join-our-team/volunteers or by writing to Sarah Osegard at Black River Memorial Hospital, 711 West Adams Street, Black River Falls, WI, 54615, or e-mail at [email protected]
Phone requests can be made by contacting Sarah at 715-284-3606. Applications must be completed and submitted to the Scholarship Committee by April 15th. A copy of your most recent transcript is required with your application (unofficial is accepted).
The application packet and information can also be found below.